We’re willing to bet that when you were young, you had that one toy you valued above all others. Chances are it had to be pried out of your protesting hands even to clean it. You made your parents fix it time and time again until it gradually got worn beyond all recognition.
So why is it that so many people nowadays throw their stuff away as soon as there’s even the tiniest thing wrong with it?
We say it doesn’t have to be that way. Especially when it comes to your household appliances!
How to Look After Your Appliances Like you Looked After Your Toys
Keeping your machines in tip-top condition for as long as possible is actually quite simple. Just treat them like you used to treat your toys!
- Be gentle with them. Don’t slam doors, force knobs, yank trays or overload shelves.
- Keep them clean. Build-ups of grease, mould or limescale can cause very inconvenient faults.
- Patch them up when they break. Give your appliances the best chance of living a long and healthy life!
3 Key Benefits of Valuing Your Appliances
Yes, being an adult brings with it a whole host of responsibilities. We find ourselves overwhelmed by the inconvenience of any disruption to our daily routine. Finances often play a part in our decisions and it seems like there’s just never enough time to actually do everything.
But giving your fridge, washing machine or cooker even a sliver of the unconditional love you once had for your toys can help simplify all these problems!
1. No need to get to grips with a new machine
There’s always trial and error when it comes to finding the right setting to perfectly microwave your soup or best wash your clothes. Sticking with what you know saves you the hassle!
2. Get the most out of your money
Keeping your appliances running for as long as possible means you get more for every penny and saves you the costs of buying new ones too.
3. Make the best use of your time
You’d be amazed if you knew just how many appliances are consigned to the scrapheap with issues that can be fixed in moments. Do your research on your current machine before you look at new ones!
Plus, valuing the appliances you have and not ditching them for the latest upgraded model means you’re doing your bit for our planet. Be the change against our modern “throwaway society” and love your machines for as long as possible.
How can eSpares help?
Christmas is approaching incredibly quickly, and we know last-minute appliance disasters are inevitable sometimes. At eSpares, our aim is to help you fix these, stress-free!
- The how-to guides and top tips in our Advice Centre help you get to the bottom of what’s gone wrong and teach you how to keep your machine at peak performance.
- Our easy to follow videos on our YouTube channel show you first-hand how to carry out any repairs.
- Any replacement parts you need are available with speedy next day delivery (as long as we’ve got them in stock).
- Our friendly customer service team are happy to help you out. You can get hold of us by calling, chatting to us in real-time on our website or via social media, including Facebook and Twitter.
The Customer Always Knows Best
We could talk until we’re blue in the face about how looking after your appliances is really worth your while. But you don’t just have to take our word for it! Check out these savvy customers who saved their Christmas by giving their machines some vital TLC.