Occasionally over the Christmas period, you might find yourself in conversation with a distant relative or friend you haven’t spoken to in a while. You’re both trying so hard but the awkward silence is looming…
Never fear! With these Christmas jokes, riddles and conversation topics you’ll be the champion of chat at all your Christmas festivities!
Lighten the Mood with a Joke
If you can’t laugh together, you can definitely groan together at just how terrible these Christmas themed jokes really are.
- Why did Santa get his sleigh for free?
It was on the house!
- What did Adam say the day before Christmas?
It’s Christmas, Eve!
- What kind of music do elves listen to?
- What do you get if you cross a bell with a skunk?
- Knock knock
Hannah partridge in a pear tree!
(If you’re really struggling we even have some jokes about appliances…)
Test their Mental Prowess with a Riddle
You may have to give a few hints, but when they get the answer right you can celebrate their new-found genius together.
- Santa’s mother had three children. The first was called April, the second was called May. What was the name of the third?
- Feed me and I will live, but give me a drink and I will die. What am I?
- It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?
- What tastes better than it smells?
- What has a head and a tail but no body?
Spark up a Debate
Jokes and riddles are all well and good, but if you throw in a topic that people have strong opinions on, you’ll really liven up the conversation!
- What’s the best Christmas movie?
- What’s the best Christmas song?
- What’s going to happen in the soap specials?
- What are the best and worst presents you’ve all had over the years?
- Which Christmas game is the best?
Distract them with an Activity
You’ve pulled out all the stops, but you detect that your conversation is still crashing towards awkward territory. The only thing left to do is to create a diversion!
- Pull Christmas crackers at the dinner table so the trading to get the best toys can begin.
- Learn a killer dance move to teach your colleagues at the Christmas party… or invent your own!
- Crack open a bottle of champagne to add drama and excitement to any celebration.
- Make a bet! Guess which canapes will be served, who’s going to get drunkest or who’s going to fall asleep first after dinner. The stakes are optional!
- One word: Charades.
Congratulations, it’s official. You’ll never be stuck for something to say at a Christmas get together ever again.