The eSpares team love playing around with appliances. We also love to compete against our colleagues from time to time (all in the spirit of fun of course). So what better way to combine the two than with a timed obstacle course to put our vacuuming speed and prowess to the test!
We selected our vacuum, set up an obstacle course in our office and prepared ourselves for things to get competitive.
The Vacuum Cleaner
The vacuum we choose was the Hoover Freedom. This lovely versatile cleaner was perfect for the job.
- The Freedom is cordless so can be manoeuvred around easily.
- It’s lightweight so helped our contestants speed through the course.
- It has up to 25 minutes of suction power between each charge so plenty of time for all of our competitors to take their turn.
- As it converts easily from a stick vacuum to a handheld we could test the full range of our competitors’ vacuuming skills.
Interested in this cleaner?Find Out More >>
The Obstacle Course
The competitors (and the Hoover Freedom) were put through their paces with a variety of obstacles.
- The course started off with a coffee table to vacuum underneath.
- Then contestants had to zigzag in and out of boxes using the Hoover.
- Next, they converted the Freedom to a handheld vac using the attachment and vacuumed a shelf.
- Finally, they emptied the Hoover into a dustbin and the stopwatch was stopped!
In the spirit of inter-departmental rivalry, we gathered together worthy competitors from around the business to do battle on the office floor (metaphorically speaking).
Team Contact Centre
The lovely people you’ll speak to if you give us a call
Viv and Maruaf
The ones with the gift of the gab
Veena and Anita
The masters of getting the best deals
Joe, Chris and Jessica
The folk who keep you in the loop about what we’ve got going on
Ben and Nikki
The Teams in Action
First up were the contact centre team, demonstrating their meticulousness with perfect paper pick up.
Then the marketing team stepped up the pace with a speedy run, but less than perfect pick up as the vacuum barely touched the ground!
Sales were similarly fast and had a similar disregard for the actual vacuuming part of the task.
Purchase put on a high energy performance and looked set to take first place until some trouble figuring out how to empty the vacuum bin lost them valuable seconds at the end.
4th Place – Team Contact Centre
3 minutes 35 seconds
3rd Place – Team Sales
2nd Place – Team Purchase
1st Place – Team Marketing!
So marketing were the winners of the day (and received a little treat so they could drink to their success).
Bonus points have to go to Viv from Team Contact Centre though, as her vacuuming was the most thorough by a mile!
Want to get your hands on your very own Hoover Freedom vacuum cleaner? Enter the competition on our Facebook page to be in with the chance of winning one. (Setting up a contest in your own home is optional.)