What a year 2015 has been, and amid all the doom-and-gloom, there have also been some great news stories that have brought a smile to many. Below, we share a handful of our favourites – along with a Christmas message for you all.
Merry Christmas to Everyone, from the eSpares team
Some of Our Favourite News of 2015:
- eSpares won “The Customer Award” at the Internet Retailing Awards 2015 – beating a host of well-known household names.
- British astronaut, Tim Peake, blasted off for a 6-month mission on board the ISS – making him the European Space Agency’s first British astronaut.
- From the Ice Bucket Challenge to Make-Up Free selfies, social media was utilised to raise thousands of pounds for charity. At eSpares we also helped raise money in a number of ways – from a team of runners taking part in the Birmingham Half Marathon in October, whilst another team took part in the Wolf Run in September. Leading up to Christmas, we also collected selection boxes to hand out to the charities we support – helping to raise spirits during the festive period.
- Leicester City FC rock English football. From looking relegation certainties in December 2014 to being top of the Premier League in December 2015. Add to this their inform striker Jamie Vardy also broke Ruud Van Nistelrooy’s record for scoring in the consecutive league games (11) – a record which stood since 2002.
- eSpares hit 25 million views on their YouTube channel – helping (literally) millions of people fix their appliances for less.
- England ladies record their best-ever World Cup, finishing third after beating Germany 1-0, thanks to an extra-time penalty by Fara Williams. The World Cup also helped to boost the presence of women’s football.
- History was made at the New York fashion week, in February, when a model with Down’s syndrome became the first to walk the runway.
Here’s to a great 2016, and all that’s left for us to do is to wish you all a “Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year”.
Tags: Merry Christmas