Whilst everyone has been worried about finding the right presents for loved ones or shedding a few extra lbs before the holidays, I’ve been somewhat more pre-occupied with how I’m going to celebrate when the end of the world doesn’t happen.
Nibiru a Sumerian discovered a planet is traveling full speed ahead on a collision course towards the earth and due to strike December 21, 2012. It was also due to strike back in May of 2003 but when nothing happened the date got pushed backward. In fact, that’s perhaps just decided my celebratory event; ‘Guess the next end of world date’ cocktail party. Dress to impress.
It is after all, the holiday season and so what’s another excuse to have friends and family around and toast to good health, happiness and not being dead. If you’d rather not celebrate with friends and family then instead take some time out and pamper yourself.
- Have a cup of tea or coffee. Go on, you deserve it and you can always stick to decaf if it feels too cheeky.
- Take a warm bath – alone. Tell your friends you’ll include them next time. This one’s just for you.
- Bake homemade cookies. Whoever said ‘a moment on the lips forever on the hips’ never had any fun
- Wear a fancy outfit on a regular day. Be your own superstar
- Buy yourself a treat and don’t share it with anyone else. T’is the season to be selfish
- Watch your favourite programme in peace. The kids always have more fun at their house anyway
- Watch a film. Day After Tomorrow
- Read a book. Read? Okay, play on the iPad
- Buy a nice smelling candle and light it every time you’re feeling stressed. After time and in true Pavlovian form the rest of your family will quickly learn that scent means to stay the heck away.
No matter how you choose to make time for yourself and/or celebrate with your friends and family this holiday season remember to stay safe and above all else have fun!
Tags: World's End