You probably never in a million years thought you’d hear people say, “I can’t wait to get home so I can start cleaning”.
But that was before you heard of Mrs Hinch.
We’ve been banging on for years about the importance of cleaning appliances to help them last longer. And we’re pretty sure in just a few weeks Mrs Hinch has converted more people to the cause than we have! She does a 10/10 job of keeping her appliances spotless.
Mrs Hinch, we salute you.
But wait, who is Mrs Hinch?
Put simply, Mrs Hinch (real name Sophie Hinchcliffe) shares videos of herself on Instagram doing the cleaning.
That might sound ordinary enough, but she’s got over 750k followers on Instagram, has been featured in the Daily Mail and OK! Magazine and recently appeared on This Morning.
If you don’t get why over 750,000 people would want to watch someone cleaning, we understand. In fact, we thought exactly the same thing before curiosity got the better of us and we watched her stories.
Then, we realised that there are quite a few reasons why this particular lady has got the whole country cleaning mad.
- In a word, Mrs Hinch is real. She’s down to earth about the cleaning tasks she hates and is the first to have a laugh at herself. You can’t help but like her.
- It turns out having a spotless home at all times is possible. Mrs Hinch proves it. Her daily and weekly cleaning routines are realistic and doable on a budget.
- Her cleaning products aren’t just cleaning products. They have names and they get tucked into their bed. (Yes, really.) They’re a lot more appealing than your average scrubbing pad and you feel a lot more guilty for leaving them unused.
- The #hincharmy is a love-filled online community that shares cleaning tips and appreciation for each other’s spotless homes. It’s easy to clean when you’ve got thousands cheering you on. Who knew disinfectant spray could bring people together?
- Last but not least, Mrs Hinch’s methods genuinely save effort. That’s all any lazy cleaner (which let’s be honest is most of us) wants from a cleaning guru.
- Perfectly clean houses are for people who don’t work and have no family or pets to speak of.
- Cleaning is a chore that you’d rather put off for as long as possible.
- It’s more fun to put your feet up on the sofa than into a pair of “buff tings” pink mop slippers. (This is an important part of the hinching routine.)
Well, there’s nothing wrong with having an untidy house. We’re all busy and we’re only human.
But if you do aspire to have a spotless home let Mrs Hinch take you to Narnia (her cleaning supplies cupboard) where you’ll meet Minkeh (a humble cleaning cloth) and Stewart (a rather snazzy electric scrubber).
Yeah, we can’t really explain. You’ll just have to see for yourself.
Then make sure to come back so you can rate us on our own #hinchhaul.
Credit: @mrshinchhome_x_ via Instagram
We’ve got thousands of cleaning products on our site and we rate them, but we thought we’d see how many of Mrs Hinch’s faves we’ve got up for grabs.
Welcome to our very own #hinchhaul.
Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover – £2.99
In the words of Mrs Hinch, “If anyone ever asks me about stains on carpets, this is the one… I don’t know who you are Dr Beckmann but mate, the Hinch Army love ya.”
Tumble Dryer Sheets – £7.99 for a pack of 20
A Mrs Hinch trick is to put dryer sheets in your cushion covers and change weekly so they always smell lush. These particular sheets have a fresh white flower scent.
Harpic Fresh Power Pine – £1.65
This toilet cleaner is one of Mrs Hinch’s daily go-to products and couldn’t be easier to use with just a quick squirt around the toilet rim.
Microfibre Cloths – £1.99 for a pack of 3
Buddy the microfibre cloth has some brothers and sisters to join the Hinch family for multipurpose cleaning!
eSpares AA Batteries – £2.49 for a pack of 20
Batteries aren’t in the standard #hinchhaul but they’re essential to keep Stewart the sonic scrubber doing his job. He takes AAs – we checked.
Dishmatic Scourer – £1.49
The Dishmatic is one of the popular Hinch Haves. This particular version is pink which gives it bonus points from all the colour coordinated hinchers out there.
Lord Sheraton Leather Wipes – £3.49 for a pack of 24
If you’ve got leather armchairs or sofas take a leaf out of Mrs Hinch’s book and keep them looking their best with a regular wipe down.
Mr Sheen Polish Multi-Surface Polish – £1.99
A Sheen polish is on the daily Mrs Hinch to-do list… after a quick whip round with Dave the duster of course!
eSpares Washing Machine & Dishwasher Cleaner & Descaler – £6.99 for 12 deep cleaning sachets
We’re really proud of this cleaner because it’s our bestseller. Nearly 1000 of our customers have reviewed it and rated it 4.8 out of 5 so we’re hoping the #hincharmy love it too!
Hinchers, how does our haul compare with yours?
Now we’ve said all we have to say on the matter of Mrs Hinch and her wonderful cleaning routines. We’ll leave you with wise words from the queen of clean herself. All the best!