The second May bank holiday is nearly upon us and we have an exciting giveaway for all of you to help you make the most of your extra day off. Part of our bank holiday giveaway includes the Amazon Echo speaker ft. Alexa voice recognition.
Gone are the days when speakers were just used to play music, how boring! The Amazon Echo offers so many other fantastic features that help you function as a person and in life.
What is the Amazon Echo Speaker?
The Amazon Echo is a hands-free, voice controlled device with a built-in speaker. It has the capability to connect to the Alexa voice service. This allows you to play music and provides you with news, sports scores, weather and lots more insightful information.
Transforming your home into a ‘Smart Home’
Alexa can also help turn your house into a ‘smart home’. Even if you aren’t fully sure what a ‘smart home’ is, trust us, you will want one. Alexa can help give you full control of your household appliances. We’re talking lights (camera, action!), thermostats, switches, and stereos. You name it, Alexa can probably control it. Apart from pets and kids. Parents still have to control them, unfortunately.
Amazon have also created partnerships with all sorts of companies including Uber, Sky Sports, The Guardian, The Telegraph, National Rail, EDF Energy and even Dominos. Yes, you heard right! Imagine this: you’re sitting on the sofa, having a lazy day and just tell Alexa to order you pizza. This dream world is becoming a reality with the features on this speaker.
The full list of features are…
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omnidirectional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee and others
- Constantly gets smarter and adds new features totalling thousands of skills
All you need to do to get started is download the Alexa app on your smartphone and you’re well on your way to turning your home into a ‘smart home’.
Perfect for Summer
This Amazon Echo speaker is perfect for chilling out at home as well as for entertaining. Thinking of having a bank holiday barbecue? This would allow you to play those classic BBQ summer tunes while you are busy grilling the burgers and hopefully not burning them! If you do manage to turn the food to ash, just tell Alexa to order from Just Eat, thus avoiding a disaster and keeping your guests happy. At the end of the night, direct Alexa to order taxis from Uber to make sure everyone gets home safely. Unfortunately, Alexa cannot help you clean up the mess left behind, but this could be the next step.