Here’s a riddle for you. Why do healthy people work out their bodies, but not their brains? The brain is arguably the most important part of the body so seems crazy right? Well, we have an easy way to give your brain the work out it needs – riddles!
Yes that’s right, we’re channelling our inner Cheshire cat and talking in riddles. The brain teasers below should help you to get the old grey matter working. Solving riddles is proven to increase neuroplasticity (that’s the ability of the brain to adapt and optimise). In other words, brains love puzzles!
Don’t worry if the riddles are tricky, we won’t leave you hanging. Answers are at the bottom if you get stuck. Oh and one last tip that should help you solve them, all the answers share a common theme.
Riddles to be solved…
1. What rotates but never moves, heats but doesn’t get hot and doesn’t have arms but waves?
2. What works better the more it sucks?
3. What’s always freezing, but never wears a coat?
4. What’s wet inside, dry outside and spins round and round but never moves?
5. What’s loaded and unloaded, but isn’t a van?
6. What gets hot, but never sweats and has a door you can’t enter through?
7. What has a belt but no waist, a drum but no beat and a whole lotta heat?
8. What’s always running but has no legs?
9. What has no mouth, but whistles and has two “t”s but makes more?
10. What doesn’t ask questions, but is still answered?
Answers (For those who need them!)
2. Vacuum cleaner
4. Washing machine
7. Tumble dryer
Did you manage to solve all the riddles and come up with the common theme? Let us know how you got on in the comments below.
As well as keeping your mind and body healthy in 2017, as always remember to keep your appliances healthy too! And if you need spare parts, cleaners or advice to do so you know where to go!
Tags: Appliance Riddles