What are your Easter traditions? A big Sunday roast with the family or an Easter egg hunt perchance? We love Easter for the excuse to treat ourselves with a little chocolate, but we don’t just stuff our faces! We also donate chocolate eggs to one of our chosen charities John Taylor Hospice.
We thought we’d let you in on our yearly Easter tradition to give us a chance to mention this worthy cause we support.
Who Are John Taylor Hospice?
For over 100 years (since 1910) John Taylor Hospice have been providing invaluable care to those at the end of their lives. Some of the ways that the wonderful team at the hospice provide care are:
- Helping patients with their medication and managing pain in other ways such as therapeutic massage
- Home visits, caring for those who wish to end their lives at home
- Care day and night, seven days a week within the hospice with specially prepared food for patients and the ability for family and friends to visit at any time and even stay the night
- Transport to and from the hospice for those who need it
- Counselling for families helping them cope with loss in both conventional ways and more innovative ones, like art psychotherapy
Whenever we visit the hospice we’re humbled by the amazing work they do. Reducing the pain and fear of the terminally ill as well as bringing dignity back to their lives is so important. John Taylor Hospice even run community workshops too, like Benjamin’s Brothers which raises awareness of prostate cancer.
That’s why we’re proud to say that via varied fundraising activities we raised just under £28,000 last year, which was split between our chosen charities. This year we are continuing our fundraising efforts and we hope to raise even more money to help John Taylor Hospice continue their vital work.
Any money raising suggestions are more than welcome – if you have one just let us know in the comments!