Try this helpful tip if you’ve got any dents in wood floor/ furniture in your home. It will work best on ‘new’ dents but can help get rid of older dents as well.
Important things to note:
- This will only work where the wood has been compacted or compressed, not where it’s been removed completely
- If the wood has a finish or been painted (which most probably will) we do recommend you test in a hidden spot to make sure the finish won’t come away
A clean damp cloth or paper towel and an iron with a steam function
- Wet the dent
- Apply a wet cloth or paper towel to the area
- With the iron on High apply to the wet towel or cloth and make a circular motion. Be sure to keep the iron moving so as not to burn the towel
- Make sure there is a lot of steam being generated and keep doing this for 3-5 minutes
- Check your results!
For deeper and older dents you might find a bit of dirt rises to the surface, leaving a bit of a mark. If this is the case, you can try to gently sand the area and then apply some oil or finish to match the wood.
Good luck and happy fixing!